My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Attributes come in two types: Assets and Flaws. Assets add to the Attribute Point (AP) total, while Flaws subtract.
You may take as many Assets and Flaws as you want, as long as their AP total equals zero.
You must have one, and only one Breed.
- Earth Pony (+0 AP): You are an earth pony. You can’t use magic or fly, but that doesn’t stop you from being awesome or making friends!
- Unicorn (+2 AP): You are a unicorn. You have a horn and are able to use magic (magic is explained below).
- Pegasus (+2 AP): You are a pegasus. You have wings and are able to fly. You can also walk on clouds.
- Gossamer Pegasus (+1 AP): You are like a pegasus, but you have butterfly wings, which are weaker than normal wings. You may fly at your normal movement speed for a number of turns equal to your Endurance score, after which you must land and walk for a number of turns equal to 10 minus your Endurance score. For example, a gossamer pegasus with an End of 6 can fly for 6 turns, then must walk for 4 turns. You can also walk on clouds.
- Alicorn (Rare cases only, at the discretion of the GM): You are a princess or a prince! You have both wings and a horn, and can fly and use magic. You can also walk on clouds.
You may have up to three Personality Assets.
The Elements of Harmony:
- Honest (+1 AP): You embody the Element of Honesty. You never tell a lie. If you tell the truth in a situation where others might not, you might gain one Token of Friendship. You can use the Element of Honesty, if you and your friends obtain the Elements of Harmony.
- Kind (+1 AP): You embody the Element of Kindness. You are nice to everypony, even those who don’t deserve it. If you are kind to others in a situation where others might not be, you might gain one Token of Friendship. You can use the Element of Kindness, if you and your friends obtain the Elements of Harmony.
- Funny (+1 AP): You embody the Element of Laughter. You cheer others up. If you cheer somepony up who needs it, you might gain one Token of Friendship. You can use the Element of Laughter, if you and your friends obtain the Elements of Harmony.
- Generous (+1 AP): You embody the Element of Generosity. If you give something to somepony in need, you might gain one Token of Friendship. You can use the Element of Generosity, if you and your friends obtain the Elements of Harmony.
- Loyal (+1 AP): You embody the Element of Loyalty. You stick by your friends through thick and thin. If you stand by your friends even when others want to pull you away, you might gain one Token of Friendship. You can use the Element of Loyalty, if you and your friends obtain the Elements of Harmony.
- Magical (+1 AP): You embody the Element of Magic, the rarest of all the Elements. You are able to make use of the Element Spark, and every other turn you regain an extra MP (see below for more information on magic). This Asset can only be taken by ponies who can use magic and have a Mind score of 6 or higher.
Other Personality Assets:
- Fashionista (+1 AP): You have an innate fashion sense. You are able to cobble together great outfits for your friends. You can spend one Token of Friendship to make your friends outfits for balls, Nightmare Night parties, or other get-togethers and special occasions. You also need never pay for an outfit that you make yourself. You may also team up with a Party Animal (see below) to throw a fashion show. You gain one die on any Friendship rolls you make during any fashion show.
- Good with Animals (+1 AP): You can communicate with animals in a way that most ponies can’t. You may use Friendship rolls to persuade an animal to be your friend.
- Hardworking (+1 AP): You work extra hard to earn money. You have a Wealth score of 8 instead of 6.
- Party Animal (+1 AP): You plan parties that everypony wants to go to, and you are the life of any party you attend. You gain one extra die on any Friendship rolls you make during any party, and if you plan a party you are guaranteed a good-sized attendance.
- Studious (+1 AP): You enjoy studying. You may add one die to any Mind roll to study or research a topic.
You may have up to two Ability Assets.
- Better Trait (+1 AP): One of your Traits improves by one step. For example, a Strong Trait may become an Amazing Trait or a Normal Trait may become a Good Trait.
- High Stamina (+1 AP): Applies only to ponies with gossamer wings and/or the Speedy Attribute (see below). The time it takes to recover from flight (if gossamer) or bursts of speed (if Speedy) is halved, rounded up.
- Jumper (+1 AP): You’re really good at jumping! You can jump twice as far as most ponies, and it’s much easier for you to jump distances that would be difficult for other ponies.
- Lucky (+1 AP): Every time you roll, you may ask the GM to roll 3 dice. For each success, you may reroll one of your failures.
- Pinkie Sense (+1 AP): Due to a strange series of reflexive twitches, you are sometimes able to have vague, cryptic premonitions of things that will happen in the immediate future.
- Speedy (+1 AP): You are able to put on bursts of speed. You may double your movement speed for one turn, but then must move at your normal movement speed for a number of turns equal to 10 minus your Endurance Score. For example, a pegasus with an Agi of 5 and an End of 6 can fly 10 spaces one turn, but then must wait 4 turns before being able to put on another burst of speed.
You may have as many Personality Flaws as you want.
- Aloof (-1 AP): You are a loner by nature. You tend to have a hard time making friends, not because you are shy but because you simply prefer being alone. You take a -1 die penalty on Friendship rolls to make new friends.
- Annoying (-1 AP): You annoy everypony around you, whether by being too cheerful or by being a know-it-all or some other reason. You take a -1 die penalty on Friendship rolls when other characters are annoyed.
- Boastful (-1 AP): You are a pony who loves the things you do a little too much. You tend to brag about your achievements, whether they deserve recognition or not. You take a -1 die penalty on Friendship rolls when other characters are put off by your bragging.
- Easily Distracted (-1 AP): You have a low attention span. It is more difficult for you to concentrate. You take a -1 die penalty on Mind rolls to concentrate on things, including spells if you have a horn.
- Grumpy (-1 AP): You tend to look at the glass as half-empty. You don’t laugh easily and are quick to anger. You take a -1 die penalty on Friendship rolls to make new friends.
- Indecisive (-1 AP): You tend to take a really long time to make a decision. If presented with two different colors of bow for your tail, you’d spend an hour trying to choose. Your friends can make a Friendship roll to help you choose, but you make an opposed Mind roll to determine the difficulty.
- Scaredy Cat (-1 AP): You have a phobia. You must make a Mind roll to face your fear. For example, if you are a pegasus who is afraid of heights, you’d have to make a Mind roll to fly high. However, your friends can make Friendship rolls to improve your result. For every 2 successes in their Friendship roll total, you gain one success in your Mind roll. If one of your friends has the Funny trait, that friend’s successes count for double.
- Secretive (-1 AP): While you may not exactly lie, you’re not entirely honest. You have a tendency to keep secrets from your friends, even when they might need to know them.
- Selfish (-1 AP): You tend to think of yourself before you think of others. You are less likely to share. You begin play with 2 fewer Tokens of Friendship than normal, and you may only use Tokens when your firend’s gain is also your gain. You may also not share your Wealth (see below).
- Shy (-1 AP): You are rather bashful. You suffer a -1 die penalty on Friendship rolls when you first meet new characters.
- Socially Awkward (-1 AP): You don’t quite know how to function in polite society. You take a -1 die penalty on Friendhsip rolls when at a party, ball, fashion show, or other get-together.
- Stubborn (-1 AP): You are a pony who is stubborn as a mule. You suffer a -1 die penalty on Friendship rolls when you are in disagreement with somepony.
- Stuck Up (-1 AP): You believe yourself to be a little bit better than other ponies. You take a -1 die penalty on Friendship rolls when other characters are put off by you.
You may have as many Inability Flaws as you want.
- Blank-Flank (-0 AP): You are a foal who has not yet discovered your Cutie Mark. This Flaw may only be taken by foals.
- Clumsy (-1 AP): You tend to be a little accident-prone. You must make Agility rolls in situations in which others might not need to.
- Low Stamina (-2 AP): Applies only to ponies with gossamer wings, horns, and/or the Speedy Asset. The time it takes to recover from flight, MP of zero, and bursts of speed is doubled.
- Slowpoke (-2 AP): You move at half your normal movement speed.
- Unlucky (-2 AP): Every time you make a roll, the GM rolls 3 dice. For each of the GM’s successes, you must reroll one of your successes. You must take the result.
- Weak Trait (-2 AP): One of your Traits is one step weaker. For example, your Strong Trait would be Good, your Good trait would be Normal, or your Normal Trait would be Weak. You may take this Flaw twice, but no Trait may be lower than Weak.